[Lazarus] Profiling with Valgrind

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 14:20:38 CET 2020

There is a wiki page about profiling, edited by many people:
 https://wiki.freepascal.org/Profiling
It explains the usage of Valgrind among other profilers. There is a section:
---

You can also profile only specific parts of your program. For example you
can start the program with

 valgrind --instr-atstart=no ./myprogram --options --to --my --program

---
It is not correct. I try to profile Lazarus project but Valgrind gives an
error:
 valgrind: Unknown option: --instr-atstart=no
If I start without parameters like:
 $ valgrind ./lazarus
it uses the mem tool. What is the right syntax for starting Valgrind
without a tool?

I have Manjaro linux and Valgrind version 3.16.1.
I have used Valgrind earlier but forgot many details.

Regards,
Juha