[Lazarus] Issues with apps on Linux...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:34:16 CET 2020

I have two questions regarding Lazarus applications on Linux (Ubuntu
18 Mate):

1) Clipboard content erased on close?
I have an application with a form where the form size anmd position is
stored into the clipboard on form close using a method of the form.
This method is also called on form resize.
The problem is that while the application runs the resize operations
cause the clipboard to be set up with the form size and it can be
pasted elsewhere.
But when the app is closed and the same function is called to save the
size to the clipboard the result is empty. Nothing to paste in another
application..
Is this how it must be on Linux?
On Windows the clipboard content is not erased...

2) Is there a way to make forms transparent on Linux?
Using the AlphaBlend and AlphaBlendValue do not wor while they do on
Windows.
Is there some other way on Linux to make the form body transparent?
I need to see the background through it since I want to "measure" the
object by moving the form on top and adjusting its size to fit.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden