[Lazarus] How to start Lazarus on Mac ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Oct 4 15:52:27 CEST 2020

Hi,

After installing Lazarus and recompiling it with the packages I need, it
restarts and I see the packages I want.

Then I stop lazarus and start it again through Launchpad.

In this case, I get the originally installed Lazarus. No sign of the new
packages. I look in the packages list, and it says e.g.
'pas2js selected for install, but not installed'
(or something similar).

If I start Lazarus through the ~/.lazarus/bin/lazarus.app icon, then it
works. (I made a link on the desktop, so I can start it).

But, here is the question:

How can I make sure the icon in Launchpad starts the correct (i.e. newly
compiled) Lazarus ?

Should not the system installed version  detect the 'local' version and start that ?

Michael.