[Lazarus] Viewing config data in a tree style

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 17:24:30 CEST 2021

Alluding to the current freepascal list thread about "Directory Tree"...

I wonder if there is some simple way to visually display, edit and save
configuration data that contain settings, which are structured like ini files
with sections and items?

I am porting an application written in Delphi (hence only for Windows) into
Lazarus on Linux. The config data from the registry are displayed in a
multi-level tree, much like how the Windows Registry Editor displays the reg
data.
The multi-level registry stuff is not so easy to transfer into an ini structured
conf file so I am going to flatten it out by having one level of sections and
naming them such that the relations are apparent.

Rather than creating something from scratch I would like to know if there are
some existing controls I can use in Lazarus where I ideally could just load the
control from file and save to file too. And of course edit the name/value pairs
easily.

The Lazarus Tool/Options displays a similarly looking dialog if the right hand
panes are replaced by simple lists of name/value pairs....

Any suggestions?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden