[Lazarus] Mantis vs GitLab issue tracker

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Aug 16 11:00:45 CEST 2021

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

>> You can find this in your 'issues' list?
>>

> See my last mail.
> See "My reactions"
>
>>> It is my impression too.
>>> I would like to see panels (like in
>>> https://gitlab.com/groups/freepascal.org/-/boards):
>>> - Reported by me (filter Author="my account")
>>> - Assigned to me (filter Asignee="my account")
>>> - Unassigned (filter Asignee=None)
>>> - (Resolved); here is sufficient for me list of recently changed
>>> issues as is there already
>>> In other words : is there way how to add custom boards based on above
>>> filters?
>>
>> I can create new boards, but not with the filters you want. There is
>> no 'active user' filter. (i.e. "me" or so)
>>
>> I can create lists filtered on label, assignee or milestone.
>
> Ideally each boards has only filters by the same kind.
>
> Because if you have a board, with lists:
> - label = x
> - milestone = y
>
> Then you can drag and drop issues between the boards.
> But drag and drop means to remove/add the label/milestone.
>
> So the current board, with diff milestones is ok. because you can mave
> issues from one milsestone to another

I've been looking at https://github.com/jdalrymple/gitbeaker

Using pas2js it should be relatively easy to make a small webpage that
recreates the mantis view. All it would need is a token or oauth key.

Such a page can be hosted on the FPC webserver. The browser would do all
other requests directly to gitlab, so this puts no load on the FPC
webserver except of the initial page request.

Michael.