[Lazarus] Mantis vs GitLab issue tracker

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Mon Aug 16 11:38:31 CEST 2021

>>> is it just my impression that Mantis was more feature rich an had
>>> better
>> layout?
>>> An example: Mantis has "Reported by me".
>
> You can find this in your 'issues' list?
>
>> It is my impression too.
>> I would like to see panels (like in
>> https://gitlab.com/groups/freepascal.org/-/boards):
>> - Reported by me (filter Author="my account")
>> - Assigned to me (filter Asignee="my account")
>> - Unassigned (filter Asignee=None)
>> - (Resolved); here is sufficient for me list of recently changed
>> issues as is there already
>> In other words : is there way how to add custom boards based on above
>> filters?
>
> I can create new boards, but not with the filters you want. There is
> no 'active user' filter. (i.e. "me" or so)
>
> I can create lists filtered on label, assignee or milestone.

Ok I understand.
If there is no straight forward, simple way then IMO no need to
complicate things.
I am here as pure user and I am asking for simple solutions ;-)
I only shared impression that GitLab issue tracker is for me also less
intuitive and practical compared to Mantis.
(of course I accept others developers arguments related to maintenance
cost of GitLab versus Mantis and so on ...)
L.