[Lazarus] up with Lazarus !

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Dec 2 11:52:17 CET 2021

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021, Marco van de Voort via lazarus wrote:

> Op 2-12-2021 om 11:45 schreef Mehmet Erol Sanliturk:
>>
>>  Can I convert that program to JavaScript by using Lazarus ?
>
> Afaik the pas2js transpiler compiles to an low level javascript that
> might not be suitable for maintenance after.

This is not correct. The code is perfectly readable and maintainable.
Some of the constructs used are of course specific to the pascal object
language.

For instance I do all the debugging in Javascript, and this is perfectly
doable. The code is very readable, and you should not have any problem
stripping out what you think is too pascal-ish.

What you cannot expect to be able to do is recompile from pascal and have
the compiler incorporate changes you made to the generated javascript.

Michael.