[Lazarus] Lazarus configuration - portable between versions?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 11:46:55 CET 2021

Every time I am setting up a new Lazarus version on one of my computers I have
to struggle to configure the IDE as I want it.

It concerns desktop, font sizes, tab behaviour, colors and a number of other
things like key shortcuts etc. I believe these are stored inside the
pcp/environmentoptions.xml file.

My question now is:
Can I simply copy the file from the pcp directory of the previous version of
Lazarus or are the config files version dependent and incompatible?

Right now I am setting up 2.0.10 on Ubuntu Mate where I already have 2.0.6 and
2.0.8

Maybe there is an "import settings" function somewhere I have yet to find?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden