[Lazarus] Lazarus configuration - portable between versions?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 12:00:21 CET 2021

On Sat, 06 Feb 2021 11:46:55 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>Every time I am setting up a new Lazarus version on one of my computers I have
>to struggle to configure the IDE as I want it.
>
>It concerns desktop, font sizes, tab behaviour, colors and a number of other
>things like key shortcuts etc. I believe these are stored inside the
>pcp/environmentoptions.xml file.
>
>My question now is:
>Can I simply copy the file from the pcp directory of the previous version of
>Lazarus or are the config files version dependent and incompatible?

By looking inside the file on my old installationm I see clearly that this is
not the file I can modify, lots of version dependent paths inside...

>Right now I am setting up 2.0.10 on Ubuntu Mate where I already have 2.0.6 and
>2.0.8
>
>Maybe there is an "import settings" function somewhere I have yet to find?

I probably need the editoroptions.xml file instead...
Is *that* file useful? I see it contains a lot less version dependent paths but
also a lot less settings...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden