[Lazarus] editor bug?

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Feb 20 14:51:16 CET 2021

On 20/02/2021 10:58, duilio foschi via lazarus wrote:
> I am using Lazarus v. 2.0.6 r. 62129 on windows 7/64 bits.
>
> I found an unexpected behaviours of the editor
>
> 1. I want to delete the text ":string" from the encircled column-sized
> frame
> you see here:
>
> https://i.ibb.co/V9ZPzSf/1.jpg <https://i.ibb.co/V9ZPzSf/1.jpg>
>
> The frame was selected using shift+alt+arrows keys.
>
> 2. when I click the ReplaceAll button also the text from the encircled
> button
> here
>
> https://i.ibb.co/dpFsjNq/2.jpg <https://i.ibb.co/dpFsjNq/2.jpg>
>
> is deleted, what is unexpected.
>
> Isnt this a bug?

Yes it is.

This is not currently implemented, so the Search/Replace should not
allow "in selection"

You can report it (the unimplemented fearture) as a bug. But it will be
rather some time until that might get implemented (unless someone
contributes).

There are some other options to archive what you need.

Multi caret mode: (you can in Keymap config a key to have all carets
kept, when moving them in any direction)
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#Multi_Caret

Maybe
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#Syncron-Edit

And Editor Macros
record actions for one line, end with positioning one line down => then
play macro repeatedly.