[Lazarus] Component-View Presets

R.Smith ryansmithhe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 12:59:34 CET 2021

Hi All, I'm using Lazarus in a multi-screen setup and prefer the
Component-view form rather than using the menu-integrated top-palette to
pick components from.

In the Component-view there are 3 tabs: List, Palette and Inheritence -
All of them great for what they do.

My preference is to mainly use the Palette tab here, and then always
start from the "Collapsed" state. (I will open the section I wish to use
by clicking it - this is much faster than scrolling or typing in the
search bar).

Currently, every time i start Lazarus, I have to click the "Palette" Tab
to select it, then right-click the list and do "Collapse all". It's not
an insurmountable pain, but it is a pain in an otherwise flawless
environment.

Is there any way I could achieve that in a setting or such so that
Lazarus starts by showing the Palette tab and starts it with the
Collapsed state?

Thanks you kindly,
Ryan