[Lazarus] Component-View Presets

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:28:15 CET 2021

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 13:59:34 +0200, "R.Smith via lazarus"

>Hi All, I'm using Lazarus in a multi-screen setup and prefer the
>Component-view form rather than using the menu-integrated top-palette to
>pick components from.
>
>In the Component-view there are 3 tabs: List, Palette and Inheritence -
>All of them great for what they do.
>
>My preference is to mainly use the Palette tab here, and then always
>start from the "Collapsed" state. (I will open the section I wish to use
>by clicking it - this is much faster than scrolling or typing in the
>search bar).
>
>Currently, every time i start Lazarus, I have to click the "Palette" Tab
>to select it, then right-click the list and do "Collapse all". It's not
>an insurmountable pain, but it is a pain in an otherwise flawless
>environment.
>
>Is there any way I could achieve that in a setting or such so that
>Lazarus starts by showing the Palette tab and starts it with the
>Collapsed state?

Is it not possible to set the palette in the wanted state and then
create a custom desktop with a new name.
Then if you use this desktop maybe the palette will appear in the
wanted state?
I cannot test this myself because I have crafted a custom desktop I
don't want to destroy and I don't have space on my screen either (it
is just 1920x1200 px).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden