[Lazarus] Component-View Presets

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:34:41 CET 2021

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 1:59 PM R.Smith via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> ..., but it is a pain in an otherwise flawless environment.

Lazarus project has over 2000 open bug reports, but yes it is *almost*
flawless.
:)

Is there any way I could achieve that in a setting or such so that
> Lazarus starts by showing the Palette tab and starts it with the
> Collapsed state?

The chosen tab, in this case Palette tab, should be persistent and stored
in a configuration file.
It will be applied for sure if you implement it.

The Expanded/Collapsed state would require an option. Where to put it? The
global options page for Component Palette is crowded. A new page for just 1
or 2 new options sounds like waste of space.
Any ideas?
If the Component-view window gets its own options, maybe the "Keep open"
Checkbox should go there, too.

Juha