[Lazarus] How to restore anchor docking manager in the IDE?

Christo Crause christo.crause at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:30:49 CEST 2021

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 4:22 PM John Landmesser via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Am 13.07.21 um 14:07 schrieb John Landmesser via lazarus:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i just "ruined" layout of the anchor docking manager in the IDE.
> >
> > Reinstall the package does not restore the default layout and pulling
> > for example object inspector does not help.
> >
> > I would expect the IDE would show where to place the object inspector by
> > painting a frame where it would sit if i stop dragging?!
> >
> > Tipps are welcome ...
> >
> > John Landmesser
> >

> Heavy fiddling ...
>
> But this tipps worked:
>
> See
>
> https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,51935.msg382004.html#msg382004
>
> Tipp: Don't mess around with layout of anchordockingsgn package!

If your main problem is resetting messed up settings for anchordocking
package, you can edit or delete the saved settings.  Open
environmentoptions.xml in your Lazarus profile folder (e.g. on Windows:
c:\users\username\AppData\Local\lazarus), search for <AnchorDocking> and
either edit or delete the node (I didn't test this myself...).
Alternatively delete the file, or the whole lazarus folder - but this will
obviously delete a whole bunch of history and other settings too. This is
for Lazarus 2.0.10, newer versions may be a bit different.