[Lazarus] TFrame improvements

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 18:59:15 CET 2021

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 6:47 PM Martin Frb via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> I suspect in the Designer it does not stand alone => The designer is the
> parent. But I have not checked.

No, it has no parent. That is why it crashed.
This is with the default IDE with floating windows. With the docked IDE it
does have a parent.

If it does not, then we have a new problem.
> We now provide a canvas, and let the user believe they painted on it. But
> its invisible. And if in order to make it visible, a parent is required,
> then that means a new Handle.
> So then we throw away the users work. (and the user will forever wonder
> way his output is not drawn....)

The same potential problem applies to TForm. They both behave equally well
now in the designer.

Juha