[Lazarus] TMask revisited

Maxim Ganetsky ganmax at narod.ru
Sat Oct 16 14:27:17 CEST 2021

16.10.2021 13:00, Juha Manninen via lazarus пишет:
> P.S.
> Not related to the Mask code but I installed TortoiseGit on Windows.
> It works OK but still does not offer anything as good as *gitk*.
> The "Show log" view shows commits and their messages, and names of
> changed files but no diffs.
> Getting diffs requires extra mouse clicking for each file separately.

You can right-click on the revision entry (in the log) itself, and there
you will be able to open unified diff viewer. Also 'raw' diffs are not
very convenient to me, I prefer to inspect them in a separate viewer
(TortoiseGit has an excellent built-in one, and on Linux I use Meld).

> Then there is "Revision graph" which is actually a branch graph. Not
> very useful.

Revision graph is located at the left of the log window. You mean it? It
looks just like in any other tool?

> Earlier I have tried SmartGit but I didn't see any benefit using it either.
> "*git gui*", *gitk* + some git console commands work best for me.

You didn't try to cherry-pick, TortoiseGit has the best interface for
this in my experience.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:ganmax at narod.ru