[Lazarus] trying to read an EXE

duilio foschi octopushole at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 12:50:23 CEST 2021

x Christo ;

for the problem in question, I was running short of time, so I went back to
the source, fixed the line and recompiled.

However this question picked my curiosity and I'd like to know more

>The easiest way to see both the machine code, the disassembled code and
the Pascal code from inside Lazarus is to place a breakpoint on the line of
interest, run until you hit that breakpoint, then switch to the Assembler
view.

I did that and it is very interesting

> An alternative is to use a tool such as objdump or dumpbin to disassemble
the executable file.

objdump seems to be a unix tool. AFAIK dumpbin will only work from Visual
Studio.

Is there a way to see the assembly on a 2nd monitor while an EXE is run?
Without having the EXE source code, I mean

Thank you

Peppe