[Lazarus] Fpdebug merge request 6

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Sep 5 21:08:31 CEST 2021

On 05/09/2021 20:57, Christo Crause wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 8:24 PM Martin Frb via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org <mailto:lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     I ve seen it. I am really rather busy ...
>

> No worries, I do realise there are a lot of changes to work through.
>
>     I had a look at the first 2 or 3 commits some weeks ago.
>     From what I recall
>
>     1) adding to the IDE options. Looks that then every user using
>     fpdebug, will see options for host/port?
>     While really convenient for avr users, rather confusing for others?
>

> I am starting to agree with this view. There are quite a few extra
> remote options that should eventually be implemented, so the IDE
> options will become more busy.  My simplistic view is that a new
> remote Lazarus debugger will inherit just about all its core
> functionality from the existing FpDebugDebugger, with added remote
> config options.

There are 2 ways here:

1) find a way to pass a custom config to whatever T[avr]DbgProcess.

2) Instantiate a process class, before starting the controller, and push
that in.
That also has the advantage that it allows to choose between several
process classes, if more than one can handle the target.

>     2) global vars (iirc for host/port)
>     That is due to the lack of config that can be passed in....
>
>     FpDebug (package) can not see the IDE conf. FpDebug should have
>     minimum package depenencies.
>     It needs its own conf that can be passed....
>     I have some ideas there, ....
>

> Will gladly await your ideas.  This can wait, it is just a bad
> practise on my side currently, but workable.

(2) above would deal with this.