[Lazarus] Playing with debuggers

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Sep 14 01:00:31 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I'm playing with several debuging-concepts. And I want to share this one
with you.

I've created a new Lazarus-debugger LazDabDebugger that can work with
FpdServer. It depends on a package (LazDebugExtensionIntf) that adds
another way of showing debugging variables inside Lazarus.

I can write tons of texts about the background and possibilities. But
for now I'm just curious at your input.

Look at the screencast or install the debugger, and share your opinion(s).

Screencast: http://amira.cnoc.nl/fpc/LazDabDebuggerScreencast.gif

LazDabDebugger: https://gitlab.com/fpcprojects/LazDABDebugger/
FpdServer: https://gitlab.com/fpcprojects/fpdserver

Btw: if you need the fpdserver executable and do not want to compile it
yourself, download it here:
https://gitlab.com/fpcprojects/fpdserver/-/pipelines/370065998

Regards,

Joost.