[Lazarus] crash on startup

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Fri Apr 1 16:14:15 CEST 2022

On 1-4-2022 16:04, Marc Weustink via lazarus wrote:

>>> Indeed, I see what I think are avx512 instructions
>>
>> Yes, CPUID Feature Flag AVX512F
>
> SSE2 has only the signed version CVTSI2SD

This machine is a Ivy Bridge so has Coreavx ( AVX1) enabled, so some VEX
usage is allowed.

I removed some avx1 (-Cpcoreavx -Opcoreavx -Cfcoreavx) from fpc.cfg and
the problem went away for more.

I asked on (FPC) core for a quick comment, and will file it as a bug if
nobody has a direct hunch. (which would be understandable since I can't
pinpoint the exact date when this was introduced)