[Lazarus] DCPcrypt: a package looking for a new maintainer

Daniel Franzini daniel.franzini at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 14:31:11 CET 2022

I volunteer to maintain the DPCrypt package.

What should I do?

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 3:00 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021, Bart via lazarus wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The DCPcrypt package (see:
> > https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/DCPcrypt) does not have a
> > maintainer anymore.
> > Graeme unfortunately had to give up (as he pointed out: not by choice,
> > but by circumstances).
> >
> > Is there anybody out there who is interested (and feels capable) in
> > maintaining that package?
>
> I think it is a mature codebase, maybe it should be incorporated in FPC.
>
> I am currently implementing crypto routines in FPC for use in JWT tokens,
> so maybe using DPCrypt is a better approach than re-implementing all
> routines, if we can change the license.
>
> Michael.
> --

Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs.
Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to
do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a
computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other." (
http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And while
I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write software."
(Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')