[Lazarus] Strange issue with TImage and lazarus 2.2.2

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Jun 30 13:45:56 CEST 2022

El 24/6/22 a les 9:48, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
> El 24/6/22 a les 0:19, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus ha escrit:
>
>>> but why did it find the class for writing and not for reading it back?
>>> Also, once solved that, if it streams it using a class provided by a
>>> package, shouldn't the project have a dependency automatically added
>>> on that package?
>>
>> Both should read+write valid png files, otherwise there is a bug.
>
> I was stepping though the method TPicture.ReadData(Stream: TStream) and
> I saw that GraphicClassName was "TImagingPNG" but the line
>
> GraphicClass := GetPicFileFormats.FindClassName(GraphicClassName)
>
> returned nil

I'm puzzled: now I removed the vampyre lib from the ide, in a form I
need ImagingComponent and ImagingClassed.
I drop a TPicture with a png image and it is blank at runtime.
This time it is streamed as TPortableNetworkGraphic *but* FindClassName
cannot find it.
How is that possible?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007