[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE 'testall' program

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Nov 24 13:16:18 CET 2022

On 24/11/2022 12:53, Aruna Hewapathirane via lazarus wrote:

> I found one repository on Gitlab:
> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/tree/main/examples
> <https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/tree/main/examples>
>
> And another repository on Sourceforge:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus/laz.git/ci/main/tree/examples/
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus/laz.git/ci/main/tree/examples/>

The correct repo is the one on Gitlab. The sourceforge is a mirror (run
by the team). There also is a mirror on Github.

> And now comes the interesting part, neither repository has a file
> called "testall" which was very confusing to me.
> So I checked and then double-checked under the examples folder in both
> repositories and found nothing again.
>
> Does anyone know why "testall" is not there in both Lazarus
> repositories? And where is the repo that contains
> "testall" please? And which repo do I use when I want to submit a
> patch or fix?

The "testall" exists in the "fixes_2_2" branch. (Which is used for
current releases).

In the "main" branch the example folder was re-ordered. During this
process the "testall" appears to have been removed. Not sure of the
reasons...
Maybe oversight, maybe because it did not work. If the latter, then
likely a working version can be re-added. I did sent a query to the
person behind the change, hopefully he can shine some light on this.