[Lazarus] Message for Lazarus developers

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Oct 12 19:47:39 CEST 2022

I haven't got the answer at hand.... Also not sure which wiki page you
refer too?

Have you looked into the image folder in the lazarus installation?
There is a copyright file that has info on the licenses (and creators)
of the images. So if you got the filename you can check if it is listed
there. And who the author is, if the current license is not permissive
enough.

If the file is there, but not in the copyright list, then the git
history might reveal who authored it. And hopefully under what license
the lazarus project has received it.

I, myself, am not a gfx artist, and I don't know much about what
licenses are used for gfx, and/or what they permit.
But it would be my guess, that at first it needs to be established, what
rights the team has (i.e. under which license it was give to us). And,
if the same license is in place for others.