[Lazarus] Porting Delphi (2007/XE5) application, how to handle ADODB?

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Feb 11 16:31:56 CET 2023

On 11/02/2023 12:23, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

> Then rebuilt and tried to run, but I get an immediate fatal exception!
> This happens both when starting within Lazarus and from the exe file itself.
> Message:
>   --------------------------------------------------------
>   | Project AppManager raised exception class 'External: |
>   | ACCESS VIOLATION' with message:                      |
>   | Access violation reading from address                |
>   | $0000000000000040                                    |
>   | At adress 1000096AD                          [OK]    |
>
> How can I find the cause of this exception?

Did the debugger jump to any source code?
What does the "Callstack" window show?

If neither shows anything, the error might be in the RTL or kernel. What
does the assembler win show?

Give the data from the error message, I guess there is a nil pointer
deref (e.g. access to a field in an object that is nil)