[Lazarus] SynEdit highlighter for Markdown

Andrew Haines andrewd207 at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 18:19:59 CET 2023

On 1/6/23 9:36 AM, Andrew Haines via lazarus wrote:

> On 1/5/23 6:23 PM, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
>> Without yet having looked at it (currently got a bit of an incoming
>> queue)...
>>
>> But there is a tutorial on how HL work:
>> https://wiki.freepascal.org/SynEdit_Highlighter
>>

> After some careful examination(I had already seen that page) I found
> the problem was in GetRange I was calling inherited at the start
> instead of at the end. Always little things :) Thanks for the hint.
>
> I'm hoping to include this in Lazarus if anyone is interested. I've
> got some further improvements I'm working on.

I've completed I think the most common markdown features and am
installing it in the IDE. I did a search for JScript(another
highlighter) to find the places in the IDE to modify.

The highlighter loads if I open a *.md file.

The default color I assigned in the source seem to be ignore but I was
able to set new ones using Settings - Editor - Display  - Colors and
selecting Markdown from the top.

I attached my changes to lazarus and also the new highlighter unit.