[Lazarus] LazReport, how to mix data from multiple datasets?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Jan 10 16:39:17 CET 2023

Hello,

I see that I cannot use more than one dataset in a report (actually I
can, the problem is that the second dataset show always the same line,
repeated for how many rows there are in the first one i.e.:

     ds1 row1
     ds1 row2
     ds1 row3

     ds2 row1
     ds2 row1
     ds2 row1
)

Previously I used two reports and combined them into a third one, i.e.:

with CombinedReport do
begin
   reports.clear;
   reports.add(FirstReport);
   reports.add(SecondReport);
end;

The problem is that the second report starts on a new page, while I need
it to stay on the same page:

*** Report header (or page header on subsequent pages)
--- first dataset header
... first dataset data
--- second dataset header
... second dataset data
**** page footer

The first dataset is supposed to occupy about half the page.

Is there a way to do that? How?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007