[Lazarus] Porting Delphi (2007/XE5) application, how to handle ADODB?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:49:30 CET 2023

I have a number of "older" applications developed on Windows using
Delphi7-2007-XE5, which use ADODB for database accesses.
The database is Microsoft SQLSERVER.

Now I no longer have the old Borland software installed (issues with Windows 10
etc) so I want to port the projects to FPC/Lazarus.
I have ported some other non-database applications which (with some effort)
seems to have worked out OK.

Now I am facing the challenge of doing it on an adodb database enabled
application and I would like to know if there is some "compatible" way of doing
it, which is described somewhere?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden