[Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.2.6

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Mar 16 20:48:29 CET 2023

Il 16/03/2023 18:46, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha scritto:

> I have a number of Lazarus releases installed where 3.0.4 is the fpc used.
> So they all used the same and there was no problem.
> (This is on Ubuntu Linux 22.04 btw and I install everything from sources)

I have a similar problem, needing to give assistance to customers with
different Lazarus versions.
It's very annoying to maintain a program developed with an older
version, and to make a minor correction, to be obliged to update a lot
of other things which have been deprecated in the time between.
My solution has been to use fpcupdeluxe. It provides a fully self
contained set of Lazarus + fpc, which doesn't clash with anything else.
Both Lazarus config and all of fpc config are contained in a specific
folder, Lazarus launch icons on the screen are named from the folder you
decided to use for that version, and you can have as many as you have
space on your disk. Currently I have 7 different Lazarus/fpc sets to
select from, from a Lazarus 1.6 to a Lazarus 2.2.6, plus a couple of
Lazarus Trunk (one using trunk fpc, the other using stable fpc). Give it
a try. It will not disturb anything of your current installations.
It takes a minimum to understand how it works, but then it's a paradise.

Giuliano

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different tastes.