[Qt] Re: Magnifier on OS X

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 07:13:23 CET 2007

On 2/16/07, Hess, Philip J <pjhess at purdue.edu> wrote:
> Now we just have to find an icon big enough to see. This .xpm is teeny, tiny on OS X too.

Don´t you have a image editor capable of drawing XPM? If not I can
send one for you. Gimp and Pixel Image Editor both should be able to
do it. I think Pixel is native on Mac OS X (and written with Free
Pascal).

I think Qt expects a huge icon (128x128 ?), because that´s the largest
icon utilized, and then it will stretch draw the icon to fit smaller
areas.

It´s not yet clear which approach Lazarus will follow for
cross-platform icons. Currently we just don´t have them at all. TIcon
is just a descendent of TBitmap. It´s possible that we will end up
using .ICO files, because Windows is the most used platform. The ico
file can contain the same icon is various sizes.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho