[Qt] Re: Magnifier on OS X

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:09:22 CET 2007

On 2/22/07, Hess, Philip J <pjhess at purdue.edu> wrote:
> I looked at the Carbon widgetset a couple times before and couldn't
> figure out where to get started with the canvas, fonts, etc. things that
> need to be added. Maybe I was starting at the wrong place.

Canvas and fonts are essentially implemented using winapi functions,
like GetObject, SelectObject, CreateCompatibleDC, GetDC, ReleaseDC,
CreateIndirectFont, etc...

And there are of course the drawing functions, like Rectangle, Circle,
Draw3DFrame, etc

Here is a example of how the dc interacts with a bitmap, and all
functions utilized on the process:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Internals#Implementing_TBitmap

> I think the Carbon widgetset could really get going if there was
> somebody who wanted to tackle the next level (canvas, etc.). This is
> where I was thinking about a bounty a month or so back.

I am thinking about buying a 13' mac (the cheapest), so maybe I can
help in the future (at least 2 months from now).

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho