[Qt] QT patch

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 19:35:30 CET 2007

On 1/7/07, Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> Also the patch is large, many things were changed. I think first it
> should be approved in general, I don't see the point in continuing to
> add features if current structure and methods are not likely to match
> everybody's idea of qt interface improving.

umm ... the problem is that the patch is too large, and cannot be
separated. I tryed to separate the qt4.pas part, but it can´t be
compiled without it.

About the general idea of the patch, I agree with it, but I also think
it needs a little more work. Specifically:

* Can you investigate substituting TQtDCData with qpainter_save and
qpainter_restore?

That would take a lot of code from the patch.

* It would be nice if rotated text works again. Regressions aren´t good.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho