[Qt] New qt bugfix patch

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Tue Jul 3 09:10:31 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 01:24, Den Jean wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2007 07:55:26 pm zeljko at holobit.net wrote:
> > bindings. Another thing we have to do is small changes in bindings code.
> > 1. This have to be added for QWidget, QMainWindow & QMdiSubWindow
> > Why ? Because QWidget's closeEvent() call is per default accepted, so
> > we cannot control it via LCL.
> > before QWidget_create you should add this code.
> > QWidget_create doesn't need to be changed like here, but can be added
> > another constructor like QWidget_createLCL() which returns QWidgetHack
> > (it can be named QWidgetLCL) ...
> > /* QWidgetHack class is "howto" override some protected functions for
> > our bindings
> >     or howto get some voids into class public.
>
> This need some thinking ...
> The binding is generated, so not everything is that easy to change.
> But I will look into it.

Maybe you can add some small script which will be executed after generator
finishes it's job, and add addons to bindings (for the first time, until
generator fixed).
This is not a fancy feature, but this drives us in bugs which cannot be fixed
via LCL.
eg. assign OnCloseQuery() for you  main app window, put there something like
CanClose := MessageDlg('fasdfsdfdsf',mtConfirmation,[mbYes, mbNo],0) = mrYes,
compile and then try to close your app via "X" button. Now you'll see why this
is so important. closeEvent() for windowing widgets have to be overriden in
this or that way :), so think good ;)
Also it's very important that we get useable QStringList (which is btw.
unuseable now, because you cannot do anything without Add(), Insert() etc..)

zeljko