[Qt] PQtPoint, Menus and Qt IDE

Павел Ишенин webpirat at mail.ru
Mon Jul 9 12:32:34 CEST 2007

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On 7/9/07, Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru> wrote:
>
>> Please create a patch where you locate all MDI stuff in QtMDI or other
>> ifdef.
>>

> I would prefer to fix MDI instead.
>
> In the mean time don't define USE_QT_4_3 when compiling the IDE.
>
> You can use the binary bindings for 4.3 and Qt 4.3 even if you don't
> define USE_QT_4_3
>
> Qt is backwards compatible.

Then maybe we can skip Qt prefix in define and call it {$ifdef
Lazarus_MDI_Support} for example ;)

MDI suport is cool, but not every application needs it, so not every
QMainWidget should contain QMdiArea inside. We can add that area when
our MainForm.FormStyle become fsMDIForm and remove it if it is exists in
other case. Since Lazarus IDE is not MDI application I will not get this
bug while launching IDE.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.