[Qt] PQtPoint, Menus and Qt IDE

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Mon Jul 9 12:50:55 CEST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 12:32, Павел Ишенин wrote:
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> > On 7/9/07, Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru> wrote:
> >> Please create a patch where you locate all MDI stuff in QtMDI or other
> >> ifdef.
> >
> > I would prefer to fix MDI instead.
> >
> > In the mean time don't define USE_QT_4_3 when compiling the IDE.
> >
> > You can use the binary bindings for 4.3 and Qt 4.3 even if you don't
> > define USE_QT_4_3
> >
> > Qt is backwards compatible.
>
> Then maybe we can skip Qt prefix in define and call it {$ifdef
> Lazarus_MDI_Support} for example ;)
>
> MDI suport is cool, but not every application needs it, so not every
> QMainWidget should contain QMdiArea inside. We can add that area when
> our MainForm.FormStyle become fsMDIForm and remove it if it is exists in
> other case. Since Lazarus IDE is not MDI application I will not get this
> bug while launching IDE.
>
> What do you think?

I think that best thing would be to add IFDEF FOO_MDI_OR_CALL_IT_WHATEVER for
mdi area creation. I already said to Felipe that it's not good idea to
isolate MDI with QT_4_3 ifdef, because it will always create mdi area with
qt-4.3. Only those 3 lines are for MDI so pls. add some IFDEF around MDI and
things are fixed (I cannot make any patches for next few days).
I'm using MDI so don't delete those lines pls ;)

zeljko