[Qt] Some changes cause errors in qt ide under win32

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Wed Jul 18 07:47:14 CEST 2007

Paul Ishenin wrote:
> zeljko wrote:
>> On Monday 16 July 2007 08:17, Paul Ishenin wrote:
>>> Hello,  Items specific to the Qt widget set.
>>>
>>> After some changes I have this errors while running qt ide:
>>>
>> I see also QApplication_notifyhelper() AV's when try to click an item in
>> TTreeView (qt). Don't know what could it be, there were a lot of changes last
>> days, but not sure if those changes are real problem.
>
> yes, you are right ;) but it is your Timer rapairing indirectly breaks
> ide. problem ofcource not in timer - now it works as it should and as
> result trigger events that case exceptions in qt.
>
> To be more exact: out TTreeView has FChangeTimer with interval = 1 which
> is used when selection is changed. IDE has TreeView component
> TheControlSelection and TMainIDE.OnControlSelectionChanged executed on
> timer. So problem somewhere in TMainIDE.OnControlSelectionChanged calls.
>
> I will try to dig depper.

I've found offender! It is THintWindow. I changed Qt code a bit to let
LCL activate its internal hint mechanism. And while showing any hint I
get this SISIGV. I suspected hint window before, but now I have arguments :)

To repeat exception you need to:
1. Add TPanel to form (or something else)
2. Set hint to "blabla", Set ShowHint to True
3. Run application and move mouse over panel
4. After showing that "blabla" we get SISIGV

Everybody wellcome to thurther investigation.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.