[Qt] Qt 4.5.0 RC2

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Tue Apr 14 19:42:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

>Under CentOS 5 I've installed QT 4.5, as well as the RC2 of the bindings.
>
>I'm getting this error when I attempt to build the 'mainwindow' demo:
>
>Linking mainwindow
>./libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to `QApplication::sessionKey() const'
>./libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to `QApplication::isSessionRestored()
>const'
>./libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to `QApplication::sessionId() const'
>mainwindow.pas(585,1) Error: Error while linking
>mainwindow.pas(585,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>Fatal: Compilation aborted
>Error: /usr/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not
>specify a source file to be compiled)

please compile Qt 4.5.0 with X11 Session Management support.
when doing configure make sure libSM and libICE packages are installed.

when you run qt configure with -v -sm, it will complain if
configure is not able to add Session Management support and
also tell you which files are missing. Find out which packages provide
these files and install those.

$gmake confclean
$./configure -v -sm

Here is the config I use on Mandriva.
./configure -v -confirm-license -prefix `pwd` -opengl -xrender -xcursor -xrandr -qvfb -openssl -fontconfig -sm

Here are the packages I need to install on Mandriva i586 (64 bit is slightly different)
Note that other packages may be required, but they are already present on a normal
Mandriva install. CentOs may be different.

urpmi zlib1-devel libtiff3-devel libmng-devel libpng-devel libsqlite0-devel libmesaglu1-devel libxcursor-devel libglib2.0-devel
libxrandr2-devel libdbus-1-devel libopenssl0.9.8-devel libfontconfig-devel libfreetype6-devel gcc-c++ make