[Qt] Serious problems with libqt4intf quality for Debian

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Thu Dec 17 16:17:37 CET 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:56:21 +0100, Den Jean <Den.Jean at telenet.be> wrote:
[...]
> I am working on a build system.
>
> Instead of a very short compile script with a single gcc call,
> I now have a qmake project file of 647 lines and a
> corresponding Makefile of 3384 lines.
> Calling Make results in countless gcc calls.
>
> Instead of a compile time of only 13secs,
> compilation now takes 11 minutes using 'make'
> or 5 minutes with 'make -j 6'
>
> Separating code in several files (.h/.cpp) and be able to
> compile files individually and link together, has advantages when
> you manually edit some files. Then only the edited files
> need to be recompiled. As the files are not manually created,
> this advantage is pointless.
>
> As the compile time is unacceptable, I will revert this change
> and revert to building all files at once. This may look as not
> doing it the proper way, but the explanation is that the files
> are generated and not manually edited.
>
> I will keep the qmake project file, as package builders are
> more familiar with that.
>
> The current qmake project file is only
> tested on linux (lazarus compiles and runs fine)
>
> So I tried, but it is unacceptable, but I hope the qmake
> project file will facilitate the creation of packages.

11 minutes? Wow! Then it's better to use the current version... I just need
someone to upload the Debian package into the repositories of Debian. I
will ping my request of adding it cause I got no response from any
maintainer.
It would be great if the Lazarus/FPC Debian maintainers could advocate the
Qt4-Package.
Thanks for your work!
  Regards

Matthias