[Qt] Why Qt4Pas?

Christian Sciberras uuf6429 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:18:06 CEST 2010

There isn't anything C++ does which Delphi doesn't.....and the same the
other way round.
Both languages are built with the same base in mind (eg; compatible data
types...).
What you would gain is the ability to use a possibly familiar (and cleaner
;) ) language.

libqt4intf is the actual library containing the QT design code. It is
"extra" in the sense that it isn't embedded inside the program.
Whereas in C++, it is built directly in the executable. However, there are
many ways to embed it in the executable as well.

Also, C++ may be more suited to development with QT, since it is what QT is
geared to.
The QT IDE also generates QT code in C++, which is not available for
FPC/Lazarus/Delphi.

Cheers,
Christian Sciberras.