[Qt] Website

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Mon Feb 22 01:56:03 CET 2010

On Saturday 20 February 2010 13:43:40 Christian Sciberras wrote:
> by enhancing the current website (or redesign actually).
thnx for the compliment ;-)

> Is the team interested in such a thing? I'm willing to offer a
> considerable ammount of resources to host the site on my server
I used to use Sourceforge, lots of resources, but I switched to
this and gained in efficiency. The current solution serves me well,
it is only meant to provide the releases. I admit the page is simplistic,
but it is meant that way, there is nothing much to tell, only to offer
the different downloads. Content is the focus, not the packaging.

One page is fine and optimal for search engines.
Anything else should not be on this site
 * documentation should be in the fpc/lazarus wikis
 * communication should be via the already available mailing list.

So H/W resources are not a problem, verification of the releases
and the documentation are far more important (human resources).
E.g. if now release 2.1 will be used by lazarus svn,
a lot of documentation needs to be changed and this
has to be verified. Furthermore, my main platform is linux,
so the other OSes could use some love too.

Thnx for the offer, but the maintenance of the content of the
existing wikis, readmes, should be the focus, not the infrastructure.

but thank you again.

kind regards,

Den Jean (Jan Van hijfte)