[Qt] V2.0 Qt 4.5.X

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Jan 20 08:20:12 CET 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010 23:33, Den Jean wrote:

> I released V2.0 of the FreePascal Qt4 Binding.

tnx :)

> http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html
>
> There should not be any problems, because
> none were reported for the RC releases :-)

There's one small thing which I always forgot to ask.
Is there any way to know what qt version is used (I mean dinamically) ?

I think that qt have such macro, but don't know if it can be added to
bindings ..

> The binding source in this release comes with a
> qmake project that should ease compilation.
>
> The new library name was chosen to better reflect the usage of the binding.
>
> The target variable in the qmake project defines the library
> core name that results in the following platform names :
>
> qmake target = Qt4Pas
> qmake Version = 5.2.0
> (5 from Qt4.*5* and 2.0 from binding 2.0)  ->
>
>  * Windows : Qt4Pas5.dll
>  * Osx : Qt4Pas.framework
>  * Linux : libQt4Pas.so.5.2.0
>
> Known bug:
> compilation for embedded is not correctly auto-detected by qmake project.
> So edit qmake project and change DEFINES += $$PLATFORM line
> into DEFINES += QTOPIA.
> Use the appropriate qmake spec. E.g.:
> /qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.3/bin/qmake -spec qws/linux-arm-g++
> /qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.3/bin/qmake -spec linux-g++
>
> Once the Lazarus svn is updated, we should update the wikis. (use
> links to old wiki version to keep old explanation accessible)

I'll give my best to update laz svn during weekend (one of qtlcl issues
depends on new bindings, so have to test it).

> Note that there is README.txt in lazarus/lcl/interfaces/qt/ that needs to
> be updated as well.

tnx.

zeljko