[Qt] Compile Pascal Qt Interface from source

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 11:42:33 CET 2011

> > This is related to mail "Another qt IDE crash" in Lazarus-dev list.
> Cannot find that thread, the lazarus ML is way too noisy
> can you provide an url using the archives:
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/

It was in the developers' list. I guess you don't have access to it.
Anyway, there I mentioned that my Lazarus crashes and there is no 64-bit
version of the QT4.7 compatible interface.
Zeljko mentioned I must compile the interface myself.

> I have updated my Fedora 14 64-bit with "yum update" and now Lazarus with
> QT bindings crashes.

> perhaps related to this thread:
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/qt/2010-November/001596.html
> and indeed I did not release a 64 binary

This tells to download the 32-bit binary.

> the source tarfile contains a README with instructions.
> For the mstackrealign I wrote instructions on the webpage
> http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html

Ok, I must have been tired when trying it. I was in the "src" directory and
didn't figure out I must do "cd ..". I have built and installed the lib now.
An idea for improvement:
Add the mstackrealign line in Qt4Pas.pro and comment it out by default.
Also this test should be changed or removed:

!equals(QT_MAJOR_VERSION,4)|!equals(QT_MINOR_VERSION,5) {
  message("This pascal binding should be used for 4.5.3 and current Qt is"
$$QT_VERSION)
}

The lib is installed but my Lazarus still crashes at start. I will send
another mail, wait...

Regards,
Juha