[lazarus] GtkInt Help

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Jul 29 12:50:44 EDT 1999

1) I am trying to use only Sendmessage 2 and 3.  3 is good if you can send the SELF parameter.  2 is good for sending a bunch of info because you can send that last pointer as a record.  Look at the function SetBounds in CONTROL.INC  it sends a TRect as the last pointer value.  If you want to send a whole bunch of stuff look at CANVAS.INC.  In TextOut I(and other procedures) I set up a TLM******* record and send that as the last pointer.  Then I reference it in gtkinterface.  I define the record layout in lmessages.pp

So, if you can send just the SELF parameter, use 3, else use 2.

2)  We are ONLY calling gtk by using the sendmessage.  That way when we convert a gtkinterface object to QT, we don't have to change anything.

Shane