Calling the compiler

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Apr 17 09:23:21 EDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, codepunk wrote:

> I think we should run the compiler directly to avoid confusion. I don't think
> people would like messing with make files.  I have used the KDevelop app for
> some time now and this is the method by which they run GCC and is also the
> reason so many people have trouble with it. I think we can get more reliability
> it we run it ourselves.

I agree with Cliff;

Calling the compiler directly eliminates possible bugs in Makefiles, false
dependencies, eliminates the need for make, and will work faster...

Not to mention that make gets totally confused if you have interdependency
of units.

You can use some makefile kind of project group (If you look at the project
group in Delphi, you'll see that it _IS_ a makefile); but I wouldn't put any
rules in it at all. Just some targets...

Michael.