[lazarus] Lazarus wont run

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Sun Apr 30 14:43:15 EDT 2000

At 11:00 30-04-2000 -0700, Chris Moody wrote:
>Hi Marc,
>
>Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it  and now Lazarus lives.
>
>But I was wondering, is it supposed to open a console window when you run
>Lazarus? I have also installed Gimp and it brings up a console window for a
>couple seconds and then goes away.

In a later stage the console might be removed. For now it is used to log
our (debug) messages.

>I also noticed that the menu bar doesn't come up until I run my mouse (and
>click) where the menu options are. Makes me wonder what else I'm not seeing.
>At this point I have two rows of icons, the first one deals w/ file saving
>and opening, and new files. The second row deals w/ GUI items such as menu
>bars, radio buttons ect. Is this all that is supposed to be displayed?

If everything works OK you would heve seen more. Howerver there is a poblem
in the win32 verion (and not in linux version) which results in a continues
update of the toolbar. You've probably seen the huge amout of messages this
produces. There is currently worked on but it is hard to track down since
most development takes place under Linux.
Watch this list to see when it is fixed.

Marc