[lazarus] how to compile with native win 32 compos

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Dec 6 10:29:44 EST 2000

+ From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
+ Sent: Wednesday, 06 December, 2000 16:00
+ To: lazarus at miraclec.com
+ Subject: Re: [lazarus] how to compile with native win 32 compos
+
+ The WIN32 isn't near as far as GTK is.
+
+ What we used to do is change a DEFINE in interfaces.pp but I
+ see theres an Interfaces.pp in each directory
+ (lazarus/lcl/interfaces/gtk win32 and qt).  I assume all you
+ need to do is take the GTK directory out of your path and add
+ the win32 one.  I changed the DEFINE in the
+ win32/interfaces.pp file so do a CVS UPDATE and remove the QT
+ and GTK from your path.

Nope, you don't need to set defines anymore. Thats automagically done (if
needed at all) by the Makefiles and the files which are included.
You only have to set the LCLPLATFORM environment var (or make
LCLPLATFORM=win32) to the platform you wish (which defaults to gtk).

If you want to build the lcl without makefiles (have fun ;) then you have to
make sure your paths are correct.

I only would be surprised if the win32 platform would compile, because of
the many changes in the interface since the last update of the win32 code

Marc