[lazarus] Nice talk...

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Feb 28 09:32:00 EST 2001

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> What intrigues me is: what else did Michael Swindell say about
> Lazarus and Free Pascal after the show ?

It wasn't a great deal more than to indicate that what was said during
the show wasn't just lip service. He wanted contact information and
mentioned who he was going to pass it along to.

> Are they really prepared to cooperate ?

Well that remain to be seen doesn't it. It will all depend on what kind
of noise is made after the release of Kylix. We all know that the FSF
will debunk it since it isn't Free as in cost or Free as in open source.

> And how far does 'cooperation' go ?

I don't think it is much further than working with us to get CLX usable
with Lazarus which would also intail working with the FPC team to make
sure that it is as compatible as possible.

> Back in 1999, the idea of cooperation was met with a certain
> scepticism by Borland employees, so I would like to know what
> changed their mind.

Hey controversy and a public forum is a wonderful thing.   ;-)