[lazarus] compiling program on Windows XP

andrew johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 29 11:42:24 EST 2002

well, I am sorry to say that at the moment you are wasting your time. A
Full 2/3 of the component's Tony uses, most especially the grid itself,
won't work under windows yet. There are some fundamental portions of the
LCL win32 port which are simply unfinished, and as yet, unusable. While
basic sample programs will work, sometimes apparently flawlessly, too
much code is simply not there for more complex apps such as Tony's to
safely compile, much less run.

While this is not the problem you are currently having, unless you plan
on spending much of your time helping work on the Win32 Interface, and
possibly the LCL itself, you will most likely be both frustrated and
unsuccessful in getting the program to work. Hopefully within a few
months enough progress will have been made by the few people working on
the win32 interface to try such a program, but at the moment the
improvements have been few and far between simply on account of the lack
of developers, and lack of time on the developers part.

Andrew