[lazarus] Can't find unit INTERFACES

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Sep 16 04:03:24 EDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:47:35 +0200
"Vincent Snijders" <VSDS at RND.VB.CBS.NL> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Check if the LCL Widget type is set to win32 in the first tab of the
> compiler options.
>
> Mattias,
> could this be added to the FAQ.

Yes, but what is the right answer?

> Some question from me:
> - Why don't I have to set the path to the compiled LCL units in the
> compiler options dialog? Is it because the LCL is installed as package?

Yes. See Compiler options -> Inherited. The LCL package adds the neccessary
paths.

> - What is the purpose of the other sources paths?

It's an addition to "Other unit files". "other sources paths" is not given
to the compiler.
Giving the compiler the path to sources and the compiled units can result in
recompilation. That's why you often only exclude the path to the sources
(.pp,.pas). But for find declaration you need the source path.
Since we got packages, most source/unit paths are handled automatically. You
can see them in the "inherited" tab of the compiler options.

Mattias