[Lazarus] [OT] Archiving a web page

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:29:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:35 AM, tiziano de togni
<tiziano.detogni at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd suggest considering using the unMHT extension which can write and
> open .mht files with firefox: http://www.unmht.org/unmht/en_index.html

Thanks. I do know about unMHT, but my issue with it is that it doesn't
come standard with Firefox. On all my systems (Ubuntu Linux), Firefox
and OpenOffice are standard apps always available.

There is another Firefox extension called MAF (Mozilla Archive
Format), but that seems to have stopped progressing and apparently
only works on Windows.

> Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML) you can find information about
> the MHtml format.

I never knew it was an official format, I thought it was just
something Microsoft hacked together - doing the same as email content
with MIME attachments.

> If I need to save a group of pages (i.e. from the index of a manual) I
> find very useful wget on the command line.

I use wget as well for multiple pages, but for single pages, I wanted
content and images in a single file. Otherwise I could have used the
standard Firefox "File | Save As | and select Complete page".  Up to
know I have been using the latter, but Firefox printing support still
has a lot to be desired, whereas OpenOffice prints perfectly.

Regards,
  - Graeme -